The place for stories and content shared by the iJournalism class.

Monday, December 3, 2018

St. John: A Drummer with two sides

“I think one thing for sure to realize is that you shouldn’t stress because you’re probably going to forget about a quiz that you bombed last week, and over time I realized that it’s best not to worry too much about your social life because it will all work out in the end.” These are the wise words of Noah St. John, a high school Sophomore at Worthington Christian high school. Noah is 16 years old, he has a passion for both soccer and the drums. I asked how his school year was so far, “Good, it’s been definitely harder than I thought it would be, I’ve learned a lot though, just these past few weeks.” I also asked him basic questions, what’s your favorite subject at Worthington Christian and why is it your favorite subject? “I would definitely say Biology because shows how big and amazing Gods creation of the animals and Earth really is. After this I asked him more detailed questions, I asked “What’s the best part of playing the Drums” he answered, “I would say that the best of part of playing the drums would be the freedom to make any sound or beat you want, including the challenges that come as well.” 



Noah is a musician so I asked him questions to get a different perspective of what it’s like as a drummer. What’s it like playing the drums? “Playing the drums is definitely different than playing the guitar or keyboard, it’s nerve-racking sometimes because the job of the drummer is to keep the band on tempo, but overall it’s taught me a lot about patience.”  

~Austin Crum

No comments:

Post a Comment