The place for stories and content shared by the iJournalism class.

Friday, December 22, 2017

God's grace and faith through depression

 
Sometimes life is not easy, and depression creeps in and can consume you. Life can seem pointless and all possibilities and hopes can seem exhausted. Throughout my life I have been through hell and back but with God I’ve managed to dig myself out. Although I am not always optimistic and happy and sometimes I doubt God, and I push him away, I know he never leaves me. God's love for his children is so great, and never ending. Nothing we do will ever push him away, or scare him away. Life can be crazy, and everything around you can seem to be moving at a thousand miles an hour, and yet you're stuck in place. Holding on to hope can make things just a little bit better. One way I accomplished this was by taking time to write poetry, and write stories. By releasing all my inner thoughts and feelings rather than keeping them bottled inside I was able to face them easier. Poetry is such an amazing outlet, and I recommend journaling or poetry to those who need a way of letting go, without therapy, or face to face interactions.

No comments:

Post a Comment